The Redmond Police Department will be presenting a free Women's Personal Safety class on Wednesday, June 27th at 6:00 p.m. at the RPD Training Room (8701 160th Avenue NE). Please note this is not a self-defense class, this is a proactive approach to safety rather than "reactive" and is suitable for ages 15 and older. To confirm seating, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to forward to others.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery.
- Potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them.
- How to handle "road rage" and prevent accidents.
- The pros and cons of weapons for personal security.
- How to make a safety plan.