The purpose of the City of Redmond's web site is to provide the public with convenient and efficient access to information about Redmond programs, services and city departments. In order to provide the user with information about cultural, educational, and recreational activities in the community, the City's web site may contain links to other web sites that are not owned, regularly reviewed, or controlled by the City. The City's web site is not intended to function as a public forum.
It is the policy of the City to limit these links to governmental and non-commercial web sites that provide information relevant to the functions and services provided by the City. Links to commercial sites can only be permitted during special event promotions if such business is a community partner with the City. The City's web site does not provide direct links to external sites that provide goods and/or services that are not legal to persons under 18 years of age or are strictly political or religious in nature. The provisions of links should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external web sites, their content, or their hosts.
The City specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site, or for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, whether or not operated by the City. The views and opinions of the authors of documents published on or linked to the City's web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion, policy, or position of the City.
The City of Redmond has made every effort to insure the accuracy of the information provided on its web site. However, neither the City, nor any department, officer, or employee of the City warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current.
Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his/her own risk. Please contact the City of Redmond at 425-556-2427, to verify the accuracy of the data.
This statement addresses collection, use, security of, and access to information that may be obtained through use of www.redmond.gov. This notice covers the following topics:
- Information Collected and How it is Used
- Nondisclosure of Certain (Personal/Private) Information
- Review and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
- Contact Information
Information Collected and How it is Used
When you visit our website and browse, read pages, or download information, we gather and store certain information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) Address and domain name used
- The type of browser and operating system you used
- The date and time you visited this site
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site
- The website you visited prior to coming to this web site
This information is analyzed to determine how our website is being used so that we may continually improve the site's usefulness to the public. This information does not identify you personally.
We will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily provide it to us. The personal information you volunteer is limited to what is required to assist you in doing business with the City via the website.
If, during your visit to our website, you participate in a survey, send an email or perform some other transaction online, the following additional information will be collected:
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- Information volunteered in response to a survey
- The email address, and contents of the email, for those who communicate via email
- Information volunteered through an online form or transaction for any other purpose
- To process your requests for services, products, or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services or products that you have requested - for example to send you a statement or a receipt
- To identify you if you have a question or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To enhance website services and any business function processing
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Nondisclosure of Certain Personal Information
The City of Redmond is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and ask your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the City of Redmond unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below.
The City may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- In compliance with the State of Washington Public Records Disclosure Act. Under this act, we are required to release any documents we have, to any person requesting them, within five business days, unless the act specifically exempts the information from disclosure.
- For the purpose of acting in an emergency or in compassionate circumstances to facilitate contact with your next of kin or friend if you become injured or take ill
Review of Personally Identifiable Information
You can review any personal information we've collected about you by contacting the City Department that requested the information. You may request changes to your personal information by submitting an email or written request that shows the inaccuracy.
The City of Redmond, as developer and manager of www.redmond.gov, has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by City of Redmond. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession.
We protect your account information by requiring you to enter a unique Login ID and Password each time you want to access your account information. Your Password should never be shared with anyone.
The City uses a TrustID certificate from Digital Signature Trust and 128-bit SSL encryption technology to protect personal information (e.g. name, address, phone number, credit card numbers, etc.) during transmission. A security icon will appear in your browser window to indicate that you are using a secure site.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
The majority of content on the website is generated by City staff, including text, images, videos, audio clips, etc. If you feel that there is any libelous content or infringement of a third party, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.